Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 box Betty Crocker Super Moist yellow cake mix
- 1 (10 ounce) jar orange marmalade
- 2 teaspoons orange rind, grated
- to taste egg
- to taste oil, per mix
- to taste water, per mix
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange rind
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease Bundt pan and flour generously.
- Prepare cake according to directions, but reduce water to 1 cup and add marmalade and orange peel.
- Mix well.
- Bake 45-50 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan.
- Make glaze by mixing sugar and orange peel and add orange juice a teaspoon at a time until pourable consistency.
- Pour over cooled cake.
I didn't realize this was the name for this cake, but I've made it several times. I think I got the recipe from the side of a cake mix box. I've ended up making it more often using pineapple preserves, omitting the orange rind and adding pineapple flavoring. It is a wonderful change and is usually gone in a day or two.
This is an easy, delicious cake. I had it baked and served in just a couple of hours. Thanks for posting.