Prep 2 hrs
Cook 0 mins
A very refreshing orange, jello and ice cream dream. This is a recipe from a friend of mine .: yummy :
- 3 -4 sunkist oranges, peeled, sectioned and drained
- 2 (3 ounce) packages orange Jell-O
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 2 pints French vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 grated orange, rind of
- Grate peel from 1 orange.
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Add peel; add the ice cream by spoonfuls and stir until melted.
- Chill, if necessary, until thickened.
- Layer 1/3 of the orange sections and Jello mixture in a 6-cup bowl.
- Repeat layers twice. Chill until set, about 2 hours.