Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
When I got this recipe from a lady at church it was called orange brownies but since there is no chocolate I thought blondies was more appropriate. It comes from a Lady and Son's cookbook. It also came with a glaze but instead she uses a cream cheese frosting. It is rich but very good, this comes from someone that only tried them because there was no chocolate at the buffet table.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure orange extract
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
Orange Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 (16 ounce) box powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13x9x2 pan.
- Stir together flour, sugar and salt in a large bowl; add butter, eggs, extract and zest. Using a handheld mixer, beat until well blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes or until light golden brown and set.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- For the frosting. Mix all ingredients together in a med bowl. If the icing is too soft, add a little more powdered sugar. Frost the cooled cake.
Absolutely loved these & although I pretty much followed the recipe on down, I was quite generous with the amounts of orange zest! We both loved the wonderful orange flavor & especially the ORANGE cream cheese frosting! As much as I enjoy my chocolate fixes, this is definitely a recipe I'll be making again! [Made & reviewed in Bargain Basement tag}