Recipe by Christmas Carol
Orange and chocolate are one of my favorite dessert combinations. Incorporating them into a cheesecake takes them to grand heights! With warm weather arriving, this cool, classy cheesecake will satisfy your sweet tooth nicely. Orange you glad I found this in my Taste of Home cookbook?
- 1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 3 (8 ounce) packages Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- thinly sliced orange wedge, for garnish
- mini chocolate chip (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chocolate wafer crumbs and butter and press onto the bottom of an ungreased 9 inch springform pan.
- Bake crust at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- In a small saucepan, combine orange juice and gelatin; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Cook and stir over low heat until the gelatin dissolves.
- Cool mixture for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add in gelatin mixture.
- Beat on low speed until well mixed.
- Chill about 3-5 minutes until partially set, (watch carefully because mixture will set up quickly).
- Gently fold in the whipped cream and orange peel.
- Spoon into the crust and chill for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, run a knife around edge of pan to loosen cheesecake.
- Remove sides of pan.
- Garnish with thinly sliced orange wedges and mini chocolate chips/ Slice a large seedless orange into about 1/4 inch slices/ Cut larger slices into quarters and use to decorate outer edge of top of cheesecake/ Sprinkle mini chocolate chips over top of dessert.