Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Side or lunch dish, I sometimes add a finely chopped red chili pepper, for the extra kick.
- 4 -5 oranges
- 2 medium red onions
- black pitted olive, as many you like,halved or left whole
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 -5 tablespoons good olive oil
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley or 1 tablespoon coriander
- 1 tablespoon roasted pine nuts (or more)
- Peel the oranges, cut in slices, saving the juices that run out, if possible.
- Peel the onions and cut in slices.
- Arrange the oranges, onions and olives on a plate, cover and put in the fridge for about half an hour.
- Make the dressing by mixing the vinegar, orange and lemon juices, then slowly add the olive oil whilst mixing, then add the garlic, parsley and season to taste.
- Pour the dressing over the salad just before serving and last but not least the pine nuts.
This is a delicious salad and looks beautiful on the plate. This was so easy to throw together and tasted great. This is an unusual sounding combination of flavors, but it works very well. I drizzled in my olive oil to taste and used all of the drained orange juice left from slicing the oranges. This would be a lovely addition as a salad course for a dinner party. (see photo once it posts)
Interesting salad that is very pretty.
Very tasty, very easy, thanks PetsRus. I used lemon and garlic marinated olives which were good in this.