Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
These biscuits are really worth the effort.
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 3 3⁄4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- melted butter or margarine
- Prepare Orange Filling before dough.
- Melt butter in a saucepan and slowly stir in flour.
- Cook for 1 minute.
- Stir constantly.
- Gradually add orange juice and cook over medium heat until thickened.
- Stir in grated orange rind and sugar.
- Chill thoroughly.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, orange rind and whipping cream.
- Blend mixture with a fork until blended.
- Flour countertop or large wood cutting board with flour.
- Turn dough out and knead for 10 to 12 times.
- Roll dough into a 12 x 8 inch rectangle.
- Set aside.
- Spread with Orange Filling and roll into a jellyroll by starting with long side.
- Pinch together seam and ends.
- Cut dough into 1 inch pieces and place in greased and floured muffin pans.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove biscuits from muffin pan immediately and brush with butter.