Top Review by Campbellssoupkid
These are great! Not necessarily a dipping cookie, the icing is the best part! I increase the orange juice, as it takes about half an orange for the zest and half an orange produces more juice than called for (waste not want not!). You can decrease the second baking time for a softer, more crumbly cookie. Works well doubled too. Leave room on the tray, these spread.
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons orange juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Blend in the butter until a meal-like texture forms.
- Beat the egg.
- Add the zest and egg to the mixture until a dough forms.
- Knead briefly.
- Roll the dough into a 12-inch cylinder.
- Place on parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Cool slightly.
- Cut, on the bias, into 1/2-inch wide slices.
- Place the slices on the parchment and bake for 20 minutes longer.
- Combine the powdered sugar and orange juice.
- Brush onto the biscotti.
- Cool before serving.