Cook1 hr 15 mins
Beets and orange seem to be a natural together. Very good side dish from Cooking Light.
Make and share this Orange Beets recipe from Food.com.
- Leaving root and 1 inch of stem on beets, trim tops and scrub with a brush.
- Place in a large saucepan, cover with water.
- Bring to boil, cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 1 hour or until tender.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Drain, cool.
- Trim off beet roots, rub off skins.
- Cut beets into cubes to measure 3 1/2 cups.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick frypan over medium heat.
- Add beets, rind, and next 4 ingredients, (rind through pepper.) Bring to boil, cook until liquid is the consistency of a thin syrup (about 12 minutes), stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with almonds.