Recipe by ChipotleChick
A quick and tasty lowfat version of a classic. 1 1/4 cups is only 4 points!
Top Review by Scrapbook Lori
Agree with other reviews - this recipe does have a ton of potential - unfortunately, I think it means increasing the fat. i would use sesame oil to cook meat (also changing the cut) next time. I think it could be played with, but as is, won't probably be making again. Appreciate your posting, and always worth a try!
- 4 ounces rice noodles
- 2⁄3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili paste
- 1⁄2 lb flank steak, trimmed and sliced thin across the grain
- 6 green onions, cut into 2 inch slices
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced peeled ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- Combine orange juice, soy sauce, sugar, oil, cornstarch, and chili paste in a bowl, mix and set aside.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with spray and set on high heat.
- Add steak and cook in batches until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add scallions, garlic, and ginger.
- Cook, stirring constantly until fragrant, 3 minutes or so.
- Add the orage juice mixture and cook until saice comes to a boil and slightly thickens, 3 minutes or so.
- Add the noodles and heat through.
- Serve immediately.