Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A quick and tasty lowfat version of a classic. 1 1/4 cups is only 4 points!
- 4 ounces rice noodles
- 2⁄3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili paste
- 1⁄2 lb flank steak, trimmed and sliced thin across the grain
- 6 green onions, cut into 2 inch slices
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced peeled ginger
- Cook noodles according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- Combine orange juice, soy sauce, sugar, oil, cornstarch, and chili paste in a bowl, mix and set aside.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with spray and set on high heat.
- Add steak and cook in batches until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add scallions, garlic, and ginger.
- Cook, stirring constantly until fragrant, 3 minutes or so.
- Add the orage juice mixture and cook until saice comes to a boil and slightly thickens, 3 minutes or so.
- Add the noodles and heat through.
- Serve immediately.
Agree with other reviews - this recipe does have a ton of potential - unfortunately, I think it means increasing the fat. i would use sesame oil to cook meat (also changing the cut) next time. I think it could be played with, but as is, won't probably be making again. Appreciate your posting, and always worth a try!
This wasn't orangey enough for us. It needs about 1/4 cup of orange zest. We also took the advice of another reviewer and used round steak.
This recipe has some real potential, especially for those watching their "points". The sauce is 5 star, it was fabulous. My only dissapointment was the meat. I love flank steak, but it was soooo tough in this recipe, maybe I'll try a different cut next time. I also can't imagine getting 4 servings from this, 2 servings max (but it is worth doubling!) Thanks ChipotleChick, the sauce on the recipe makes this recipe worth revisiting. (NB> I tried to freeze the left overs on this recipe, and it really didn't work ;()