Recipe by JanetB-KY
So good and so good for you. You get protein, vitamin C, fiber and needed carbs all in one fantastic tasting dish. You can also substitute Chicken or Shrimp in this dish with great results. Don't let the long ingredient list throw you; it goes together quickly.
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced gingerroot
- 3 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 lb boneless beef sirloin, cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 (1 lb) packagefrozen stir fry vegetables, thawed and drained
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- orange section
Directions See How It's Made
- In bowl, combine juice, broth, soy sauce, sugar, ginger, garlic and red pepper flakes; add beef, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours.
- Heat 1 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add vegetables; cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 3 minutes; remove from heat and skillet and set aside.
- Add remaining oil (not the sesame oil) to the skillet; heat one minute.
- Remove beef from bowl, letting excess marinade drip off; reserve marinade.
- Add beef to hot skillet (be careful of splattering) and cook, stirring occasionally, just until cooked through, about 3 minutes; remove from heat and set skillet aside while you do the next step.
- Mix the cornstarch with a little of the reserved marinade until smooth, then mix that with the rest of the reserved marinade; stir into skillet.
- Add vegetables and bring to a boil; cook until sauce is thickened and vegetables are hot, about five minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in sesame oil and reserved orange segments; serve with rice that has been sprinkled with orange zest and sesame seeds.