Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
There's a lot of similarly titled recipes on this site, but none quite like this. This came from one of those "make ahead" cookbooks and is great for a quick weeknight meal. The orange marmalade is the key. Can be put together and frozen for later.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs skirt steaks or 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 12 ounces fresh broccoli florets
- If desired, place the meat in the freezer until partially frozen for easier slicing. Trim fat and thinly slice meat across the grain into bite-size strips(the thinner the better).
- Toss together meat strips, marmalade, hoisin sauce, teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, and garlic.
- Cook broccoli in a medium saucepan until crispy tender. Drain and cool.
- Preheat a wok or large skillet over high heat. Add meat mixture to hot wok. Stir-fry for 4-6 minutes or to desired doneness. Add cooked broccoli and heat through.
- Can be served over steamed rice.
- FREEZE AHEAD: Place all ingredients, except broccoli, in a freezer bag and freeze up to 2 months. I usually separate it into 2 bags to make 2 meals since it serves 8.
I found this exact recipe in a magazine and was going to post it here but found yours. This is an awesome recipe. The only adjustment I make is halve the orange marmalade because I find it to be too sweet and I triple the garlic. Just my personal taste. Super easy to make.
This got good reviews from my monsters and I. It was very easy to put together on this busy school night, and I really appreciated that. Thanks for a good meal! Made for Fall PAC 2008.