Recipe by Zetty66
There's a lot of similarly titled recipes on this site, but none quite like this. This came from one of those "make ahead" cookbooks and is great for a quick weeknight meal. The orange marmalade is the key. Can be put together and frozen for later.
Top Review by ssladybug
I found this exact recipe in a magazine and was going to post it here but found yours. This is an awesome recipe. The only adjustment I make is halve the orange marmalade because I find it to be too sweet and I triple the garlic. Just my personal taste. Super easy to make.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs skirt steaks or 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 12 ounces fresh broccoli florets
Directions See How It's Made
- If desired, place the meat in the freezer until partially frozen for easier slicing. Trim fat and thinly slice meat across the grain into bite-size strips(the thinner the better).
- Toss together meat strips, marmalade, hoisin sauce, teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, and garlic.
- Cook broccoli in a medium saucepan until crispy tender. Drain and cool.
- Preheat a wok or large skillet over high heat. Add meat mixture to hot wok. Stir-fry for 4-6 minutes or to desired doneness. Add cooked broccoli and heat through.
- Can be served over steamed rice.
- FREEZE AHEAD: Place all ingredients, except broccoli, in a freezer bag and freeze up to 2 months. I usually separate it into 2 bags to make 2 meals since it serves 8.