Recipe by larchie
Another quick and easy recipe that is also healthy and surprisingly good. We are part of a meat CSA and need beef recipes - hubby doesn't care for the flavor of grass fed beef always, and recipes such as this make them gamey to him.
- 1 lb flank steak
- 3⁄4 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil, divided
- 1 head broccoli, divided to florets
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 orange, juice of
- orange rind, 8 strips
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup beef stock
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle steak with five spice powder and salt. Heat large wok over high heat and add 1 tbsp of oil, swirl to coat.
- Add steak; cook 4 minutes each side or until browned. Remove from pan, let stand 5 minutes. Slice across grain to thin slices.
- Add remaining oil and return to high heat. Add broccoli, onion, rind, and garlic; stir fry 3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Combine orange juice, stock, and next 5 ingredients (through red pepper) into bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add to pan and cook one minute, or until slightly thickened.
- Spoon 1/2 c rice onto each plate, and top with broccoli mixture and beef. Top with green onions if desired.