Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
If you don't have hoisin and plum sauces, use a bottle of Asian stir-fry sauce instead. Everyday with Rachel Ray.
- In a large skillet, bring 2 cups salted water to a boil.
- Cut the broccoli into 1-inch florets.
- Boil until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
- Drain the broccoli and rinse under cold water. Reserve the skillet.
- In a small bowl, stir together the broth, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, plum sauce, and 1 tablespoon cornstarch.
- Stir in orange peel.
- Slice the steak 1/4-inch thick, then cut the slices crosswise into thirds; toss with the remaining 3 tablespoons cornstarch.
- In reserved skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the steak and jalapeno and cook, turning, until the meat is barely pink, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer the meat to a paper-towel-lined plate; discard the excess oil.
- Add the broth mixture to the skillet and cook, stirring, until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the meat, broccoli, and orange juice. Cook until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Serve with the orange slices and steamed white rice.