Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Slice meat against the grain, serve with sticky white rice. Add broccoli if desired.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs trimmed boneless sirloin or 1 1⁄2 lbs stirfry meat, cut into 1/2 inch thick strips
- 3 oranges
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 -2 tablespoon oil
- 6 scallions or 6 green onions, cut into 1 inch pieces
- Into a small bowl, finely grate zest and squeeze juice from 1 orange. Add garlic and soy sauce.
- Peel remaining two oranges with a paring knife to remove both peel and pith. Slice oranges crosswise in 1/2 inch thick circles. Cut circles in half, discard seeds.
- In a medium bowl or ziplock toss meat with cornstarch.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Brown beef on all sides, working in batches and adding more oil if necessary, about 3-5 minutes then set aside.
- Pour juice mixture into skillet, boil until syrupy, about 1 minute. Add beef, oranges and scallions to pan, toss until coated and heated through.
- Serve hot over rice.
Yummy!! And it freezes well too. :)