Recipe by melon cake
this is a must-try muffin! an adaptation of a Jean Pare "Company's Coming" muffin recipe. the texture is dense and moist, and goes well with the cardamom and orange flavours.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (19 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
Directions See How It's Made
- pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- mix first 6 ingeredients in a large bowl. make a well in the centre.
- process the next 6 ingredients in a blender until smooth. add to well in flour mixture, and stir until just moistened.
- fill 12 greased muffin cups 3/4 full.
- bake for 20 minutes (until a wooden pick inserted in the centre comes out clean).
- let rest in pan for 5 minutes, then remove muffins to a wire rack to cool.