Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
From The South Dakota Game Warden's Cookbook as published in the local paper. Cooking time is approximate as it depends on the size of the turkey.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Insert thermometer into the thickest part of the breast or thigh without touching bone.
- Sprinkle the bird with as much soy sauce as you would like (and then add more).
- Season the turkey with pepper.
- Cover turkey loosely with foil and bake for an hour.
- Baste the bird frequently with the frozen orange juice concentrate until it is gone.
- Finish cooking, covered, until thermometer reads 170°F.