Recipe by mollypaul
From The South Dakota Game Warden's Cookbook as published in the local paper. Cooking time is approximate as it depends on the size of the turkey.
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Insert thermometer into the thickest part of the breast or thigh without touching bone.
- Sprinkle the bird with as much soy sauce as you would like (and then add more).
- Season the turkey with pepper.
- Cover turkey loosely with foil and bake for an hour.
- Baste the bird frequently with the frozen orange juice concentrate until it is gone.
- Finish cooking, covered, until thermometer reads 170°F.