Recipe by chia
another way to use delicious pomegranates
Top Review by evelyn/athens
Very, very pretty dish with a nice, bright flavour. The pomegranate seeds looked like rubies interspersed with all the other ingredients, and was very pretty in combo with the oranges. I have a sneaking suspicion that basil may taste even better than parsley as the 'green' in the salad. I think a long-grain rice may also better than the basmati - it was a bit too delicate to hold up as a 'salad' rice - I wanted something with a little more 'bite' to it. I'd definitely have this out for a buffet for the colours alone!
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 oranges, cut in sections
- 1⁄2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1⁄4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- bring water to boil, add salt and rice, cover, lover heat and simmer for 15 minutes until cooked.
- remove from heat, fluff, cool.
- add to a bowl with oranges, pomegranate, pine nuts, and parsley whisk together vinegar, orange juice,orange rind, salt, pepper, and olive oil.
- pour over salad, toss.