Prep 40 mins
Cook 12 mins
This recipe offers a nice citrus taste to salmon. The prep time includes marinating of salmon fillets.
- 6 (4 ounce) boneless skinless salmon fillet, cut 1 inch thick
- 1⁄4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 teaspoons crushed basil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed tarragon
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- Spray grill with vegetable spray before starting up grill.
- Heat grill.
- While grill is heating, mix together all ingredients except salmon in a bowl; blend well.
- Pour marinate into a zip-lock bag along with thawed salmon fillets.
- Marinate for 1/2 hour.
- Place salmon on grill and cook for 8 to 12 minutes or until salmon begins to flake with a fork.
- Brush marinate on salmon while grilling.
Very tasty recipe. Beautiful flavour. I love salmon of any description - When cooking fillets, I usually leave the skin on. During cooking the skin will "stick" to the surface of the utensil (pan, or grill). That's OK because the salmon meat will lift off the skin quite easily with a wide spatula (egg lifter for eg if indoors, or wide bbq spatula if outdoors). In that way you lose no salmon meat; the skin comes offthe utensil easily enough to discard.
wonderful , flavourful salmon fillets!! I used the juice of a fresh orange, didn't have any frozen. Also cooked it in a frypan, turned out great. The combination of flavours is perfect with the salmon. I will make this one again, thanks for posting.
Wonderful flavor. I used this marinade with Mahi Mahi and it turned out beautifully. I used a rotisserie basket (if I were to use on an outside grill, I would wrap individually in tinfoil). I didn't brush marinade while grilling (no need). I used the remaining marinade for the base of a sauce. I added 1/4 c more of orange concentrate and 1 t fresh orange zest, then boiled for 1 minute. After removing from heat, I added 1/3 c plain lowfat yogurt and 3 T coconut flakes. I then used it as a sauce over the fish (served over rice pilaf). It was delish! My 6-yr-old son had seconds!!