Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I created this sauce to go with some frozen packaged Orange-Chicken Ravioli. I thought a white sauce would be too plain, and any other of the suaces in my cookbook would clash. I think it turned out pretty good - tell me what you think.
- 29.58 ml flour
- 29.58 ml butter
- 236.59 ml milk
- 9.85 ml carrots (grated)
- 59.14 ml orange juice
- 4.92 ml orange zest (grated peel)
- 4.92 ml dried basil
- 28.34 g vodka
- 118.29 ml cheddar cheese (grated)
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- Make a white sauce by adding flour to melted butter and stir with medium heat until smooth.
- Gradually add milk stirring constantly until smooth and bubbling.
- Add remaining ingredients and, again, stir until smooth and bubbling. Add more orange juice if sauce gets too thick.
- Serve over pasta or poached salmon.