Recipe by Dug
I created this sauce to go with some frozen packaged Orange-Chicken Ravioli. I thought a white sauce would be too plain, and any other of the suaces in my cookbook would clash. I think it turned out pretty good - tell me what you think.
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons carrots (grated)
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest (grated peel)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 ounce vodka
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Make a white sauce by adding flour to melted butter and stir with medium heat until smooth.
- Gradually add milk stirring constantly until smooth and bubbling.
- Add remaining ingredients and, again, stir until smooth and bubbling. Add more orange juice if sauce gets too thick.
- Serve over pasta or poached salmon.