Recipe by Danialle
I like an orange heavy Margarita and one day I had basil on the counter and the rest is history.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 4 -5 fresh basil leaves
- 3 oranges
- 3 limes
- 4 cups sour mix
- 2 cups gold tequila
Directions See How It's Made
- Place sugar and water in a microwave safe bowl.
- Zest the oranges with a vegetable peeler and add to bowl. Stir.
- Heat mixture in the microwave until boiling and sugar is dissolved.
- Crush basil to release flavor and add to bowl, allow mixture (syrup at this point) to cool.
- Add sour mix to pitcher.
- Place a fine mesh strainer over the pitcher and squeeze the zested oranges and the limes through it.
- Pour the syrup through strainer into the pitcher.
- Add tequila and ice.
- Serve with orange slices and basil for garnish.