Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
I like an orange heavy Margarita and one day I had basil on the counter and the rest is history.
Make and share this Orange Basil Margarita recipe from Food.com.
- Place sugar and water in a microwave safe bowl.
- Zest the oranges with a vegetable peeler and add to bowl. Stir.
- Heat mixture in the microwave until boiling and sugar is dissolved.
- Crush basil to release flavor and add to bowl, allow mixture (syrup at this point) to cool.
- Add sour mix to pitcher.
- Place a fine mesh strainer over the pitcher and squeeze the zested oranges and the limes through it.
- Pour the syrup through strainer into the pitcher.
- Add tequila and ice.
- Serve with orange slices and basil for garnish.