I like an orange heavy Margarita and one day I had basil on the counter and the rest is history.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place sugar and water in a microwave safe bowl.
- 2Zest the oranges with a vegetable peeler and add to bowl. Stir.
- 3Heat mixture in the microwave until boiling and sugar is dissolved.
- 4Crush basil to release flavor and add to bowl, allow mixture (syrup at this point) to cool.
- 5Add sour mix to pitcher.
- 6Place a fine mesh strainer over the pitcher and squeeze the zested oranges and the limes through it.
- 7Pour the syrup through strainer into the pitcher.
- 8Add tequila and ice.
- 9Serve with orange slices and basil for garnish.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Basil Margarita
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 105.4
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 23.3 g
- Protein 0.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: