Recipe by bella214
My husband found this recipe in a magazine. Makes tender chops with a subtle orange flavor. Very good.
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 pork loin chops with bone (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Add the first 5 ingredients to a small bowl; stir and mix well; set aside.
- In a large non-stick skillet, brown the pork chops on each side in melted butter (I sprinkle the chops with a little salt and pepper before browning).
- Pour the orange juice mixture over the chops; bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and cover the skillet.
- Simmer for 6-8 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Transfer chops to a serving platter and keep warm.
- Mix together the cornstarch and water; stir until smooth.
- Add to the skillet; stir and bring to a boil.
- Continue stirring and cooking for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve sauce over pork chops.