Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Barley is a good alternative to rice.
Make and share this Orange Barley Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup vegetable broth or 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup pearl barley
- 1⁄4 cup dried currant
- 1⁄4 cup dried apricot, cut into strips
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pitted dates
- 1 tart apple, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- Add all the ingredients to a slow cooker; stir to mix evenly.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3-4 hours; season to taste with salt, if needed; serve hot.