Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Source: Taste of Home
Make and share this Orange Banana Nut Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed (about 1-1/4 cups)
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sugar, oil and eggs; mix well.
- Stir in bananas and orange juice.
- Combine the dry ingredients; add to banana mixture, beating just until moistened.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. x 2-in. loaf pans.
- Bake at 325° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nice subtle orange flavour with a moist banana loaf!
Can't believe how moist this is with such a small amount of oil. I made one change. Since I was using fresh squeezed OJ, I didn't want to waste the zest of the orange, so I grated it into the bread, for even more orange flavor. Thanks for this keeper. Made for Best of 2012 game.
I made half the recipe and made muffins. I got 12 muffins. I used only 1/2 cup sugar. And I omitted the walnuts. I baked them at 350 F for 25 minutes. Great taste and texture. Thanks Mom2Rose :) Made for the Australian Recipe Swap for May 2012