Recipe by Engineer in the Kitchen
Very moist and flavorful cake. Can be made up to 3 days ahead of time.
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large orange (zested and juiced)
- 1⁄2-2⁄3 cup rice milk
- 2 ener-g egg replacer equivalent to 2 eggs (2 Tb replacer cup boiling water)
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 1 large banana, sliced thin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray bundt pan with pam.
- In mixing bowl, add flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and nutmeg.
- Add shortening, cut until mix is full of crumbs. Add orange zest.
- Add orange juice to a 1-cup measuring cup and fill it with the rice milk, to make 1 cup.
- Add juice/milk mix to the flour mix and applesauce. Mix it well.
- Add egg replacer and vanilla and mix.
- Add banana slices and stir gently.
- Pout into pan.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes. Let it cool for 15 minutes before inverting.