Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A great recipe from Delicious Living. Serve this awesome bread as is, or with a smear of apple butter. To toast pecans, scatter on a baking sheet and toast at 350 degrees on middle oven rack for about 8–12 minutes, until fragrant and lightly browned; cool completely, and then chop. Be sure to bake bread until it’s completely firm.
- 3⁄4 cupbrown rice flour (plus more for dusting pan)
- 6 tablespoons millet flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2-3 small orange
- 1 cup about 3 bananas mashed ripe banana
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 3⁄4 cup toasted pecans (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350º. Coat an 8½x4½-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. Line pan bottom with parchment paper. Coat parchment with cooking spray; then dust entire pan with brown rice flour. Shake for even coating; then gently tap out any excess flour. (Do this prep even if your pan is nonstick.).
- In a small bowl, whisk together ¾ cup brown rice flour, millet flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk brown sugar, orange zest, and banana until uniform. Whisk in eggs, one at a time; then slowly whisk in oil. Whisk in half the flour mixture, followed by half the buttermilk. Whisk in remaining flour mixture, followed by remaining buttermilk. Stir in pecans.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake on middle oven rack for 50–60 minutes, rotating pan halfway through cooking time. Bake until very firm to the touch (especially toward the center); do not underbake. Cool 15 minutes. Run a small spatula or butter knife around the bread’s perimeter; then invert onto a cooling rack. Cool completely before slicing.