Recipe by Sonya01
Top Review by Outta Here
These are very moist and flavorful. I will add some nutmeg next time, though, as it is a favorite spice of mine in banana muffins. Thank you for adding the US measurements for us dummies who don't understand metric :) I skipped the icing sugar and ricotta.
- melted butter, to grease
- 150 g self-raising flour (1 cup)
- 80 g wholemeal self-rising flour (1/2 cup)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 40 g oat bran (1/3 cup)
- 115 g brown sugar (1/2 cup, firmly packed)
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange rind
- 125 ml fresh orange juice (1/2 cup)
- 60 ml light olive oil (1/4 cup)
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 2 bananas)
- icing sugar, to dust
- 140 g low-fat ricotta, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180°C Brush 12 medium (80ml/1/3-cup) non-stick muffin pans with the melted butter to lightly grease.
- Sift the flours and allspice into a medium bowl. Return the husks to the bowl. Add the oatbran and sugar, and mix well.
- Whisk the orange rind, orange juice, oil and eggs together in a large jug until well combined. Add to the flour mixture with the banana and use a wooden spoon to mix until just combined.
- Spoon mixture evenly into muffin pans. Bake in preheated oven for 24 minutes or until a skewer inserted into centre of muffins comes out clean.
- Set aside for 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool slightly. Serve warm or at room temperature, dusted lightly with icing sugar and accompanied by ricotta.