Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I have yet to try this, but am making it for Thanksgiving. I'll update once I do.
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 teaspoons orange peel, grated
- 30 ounces cranberries, fresh or 30 ounces frozen cranberries
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Place balsamic and orange peel in a large saucepan, bring to a boil. Reduce eat to low and simmer, uncovered for 4 minutes or until reduced by half.
- Add cranberries, sugar, juice and cinnamon. Increase the heat to medium, bring to a boil again, then reduce the heat to low. Simmer uncovered for 15 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Transfer to a bowl, cover and chill.
This was just not good. I was even told by a family member not to make it again.