We enjoyed this recipe very much but the original recipe came from WW I love Leftovers cookbook and half is supposed to be used for a second dish (chicken salad), but with my family who are not all weight watchers the salad was not made - they just devored the chicken and veggies. WW points plus is 6.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 fennel bulbs, trimmed, halved and cut into 1 1/2 inch slices
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons orange zest, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 7 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line large rimmed baking pan with foil.
- 2In a large skillet over medium high heat heat the oil and then add shallots and cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring often. Stir in orange juice and thyme and bring to a boil, cook until it is reduced by half (2-5 minutes). Add vinegar and honey and cook another minute. Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl.
- 3Wipe out skillet and spray with Pam and set over medium high heat. Add fennel and cook, stirring for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in carrots and chicken broth, reduce heat, cover and cook until vegetables are tender (10-15 minutes). Remove from heat and stir in orange zest and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- 4Meanwhile place chicken in pan and sprinkle with pepper and remaining salt. Brush with sauce/glaze. Bake until chicken is done (15-20 minutes).
- 5Serve chicken with vegables.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Balsamic Chicken With Vegetables (WW)
Serving Size: 1 (289 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 372.8
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 108.2 mg
- Sodium 450.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 37.4 g