Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
We enjoyed this recipe very much but the original recipe came from WW I love Leftovers cookbook and half is supposed to be used for a second dish (chicken salad), but with my family who are not all weight watchers the salad was not made - they just devored the chicken and veggies. WW points plus is 6.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 fennel bulbs, trimmed, halved and cut into 1 1/2 inch slices
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons orange zest, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 7 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line large rimmed baking pan with foil.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat heat the oil and then add shallots and cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring often. Stir in orange juice and thyme and bring to a boil, cook until it is reduced by half (2-5 minutes). Add vinegar and honey and cook another minute. Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl.
- Wipe out skillet and spray with Pam and set over medium high heat. Add fennel and cook, stirring for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in carrots and chicken broth, reduce heat, cover and cook until vegetables are tender (10-15 minutes). Remove from heat and stir in orange zest and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Meanwhile place chicken in pan and sprinkle with pepper and remaining salt. Brush with sauce/glaze. Bake until chicken is done (15-20 minutes).
- Serve chicken with vegables.
Delicious! I was surprised by how much I loved the fennel in this recipe. It was absolutely delicious with the carrots. The chicken is nice and tender and the sauce is very flavorful. I served this with rice and it made a complete meal. Yummy!