Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 4 teaspoons flour
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs thick cut pork chops (about 4)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 4 whole cloves
- 4 thin orange slices
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Combine flour, seasoning salt, paprika and pepper. Reserve 1 teaspoon of mixture and coat pork chops with remaining. Heat oil in skillet, then brown the chops. Add the orange juice and cloves to skillet. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, or until tender, turning occasionally.
- When tender add orange slices and cook 5 minutes longer. Remove the chops and orange slices from skillet. Remove cloves and discard. Blend the reserved flour mixture with the cold water and pour slowly into the skillet, stirring constantly. Cook until sauce thickens slightly. Put pork chops, oranges, and cooled sauce into a freezer bag and freeze.
- On cooking day, thaw completely. Place pork chops in a baking dish and pour sauce over them. Place oraange slices around dish. Cover dish and place in 250 F oven for about 40 minutes, or ubtil sauce is bubbly and chops are warmed through.
This was an awful lot of prep work for not a whole lot of flavor...not bad, but not great.
OMGOSH!!! I found another awesome porkchop recipe (2 thumbs up) Thanks for posting :)