Prep 1 hr
Cook 45 mins
Here's a recipe that I found online and wanted to try. It was originally written using split chicken breasts, but I changed it by using boneless skinless chicken. It worked out extremely well and has become one of mine and my family's favorite healthy chicken recipes.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken, trimmed
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Wash chicken and dry well with absorbent towels. Combine remaining ingredients. Pour mixture over chicken, and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, basting occasionally.
- Source: Southern Living Cookbook for Two.
This was a great last-minute meal and a good use for all of those oranges that we have hanging around this time of year. The seasonings were perfect (and not the typical ones I usually use) and the meat was moist and well-flavored. The only thing I did differently was that I did not refrigerate the meat while it was marinating. (Food safety police, I am not.)