1 hr 23 mins
Doreen Randal's Note:
My 19 year old Grandson had one word for this "Yummy"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Thinly pare the rind from 1 orange, and cut the rind into thin strips.
- 2Grate the rind from the other orange, and squeeze the juice from both.
- 3Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the chicken pieces and brown on both sides.
- 4Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- 5Add the onion to the fat remaining in the pan and gently fry for 5 minutes.
- 6Drain off any fat, then add the Worcestershire sauce, water, tomato paste, orange rind (strips and grated) and juice. Bring to the boil and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- 7Line a shallow ovenproof dish or roasting pan with foil, leaving enough on either side to over lap in the middle. Place the chicken on the foil, spoon over the orange sauce, then cover wit h the foil, securing the edges by folding together.
- 8Bake at 180 C for 1 hour.
- 9To serve, spoon the juices over the chicken.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Baked Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 228.5
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 253.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 26.3 g