Recipe by TasteTester
A light and tangy salad good for a summertime lunch, or as a salad with a main meal.
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened orange juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons light olive oil or 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups torn fresh watercress
- 1 cup torn fresh spinach
- 2 oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 small avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well with a wire whisk.
- Combine watercress and spinach. Pour orange juice mixture over greens; toss gently.
- Place watercress mixture evenly onto 6 individual salad plates. Arrange orange sections and avocado slices evenly over each salad.