Prep 15 mins
Cook 17 mins
A freind made this for a small dinner party and we gobbled it up. She finally gave me the recipe and you can't make a mistake its so easy.
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon peanut oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lb prawns, peeled and deveined (16 to 20 count)
- In a saucepan combine ginger, orange juice, peanut oil, sesame oil, rice vinegar, wine, soy sauce, apricot preserves and cilantro.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Cook for 5 to 10 minutes, until slightly thickened.
- Thread prawns on skewers and grill, basting frequently with the sauce, until their color has changed to bright red and white.