Recipe by h jones
This is GREAT. I love to take this to any pot luck event and always gets lots of attention. I never bring any home. Should be made early enough so it can sit a day or two. And yes vanilla butter and nut flavoring is one type of flavoring not two separate ones.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Love the combo of flavors in this cake ~ really nice! Was almost tempted to share with a neighbor, but am glad I didn't! Instead sent two small pieces home with my son & kept the rest for myself! Gonna have to start using this vanilla butternut flavoring in other things, 'cause it adds a great flavor of its own! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's PAC]
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box orange cake mix
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 3⁄4 cup apricot nectar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla butternut flavoring
- 2 tablespoons lemon extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla butternut flavoring
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat all ingredients together for cake. Bake fro 40 minutes in bundt pan at 350. The shaped bundt pans look great with this cake and it holds it shape very well.
- While cake is finishing baking heat all ingredients for sauce until smooth. The immediately pour over HOT cake. Let sit until completely cool before removing from pan,.