Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This spread is great served with hot scones, but also fantastic on waffles or toast. It is a nice way to dress up an ordinary breakfast or brunch.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur
- 1 orange, zest of (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a small bowl and mix to combine.
- Note: if you want a subtle orange flavor omit the zest.
I looooove this butter!! I did not have apricot jam, but did have dried apricots. I cut them into small pieces, soaked them overnight in orange juice, and in the morning I simmered them until they were jam-like. When cool, I added the butter, orange zest and Grand Marnier! Oh my, it is good! After I had mixed it to a smooth butter, then I added the rest of the jam... I will definitely made this again, I can't say it will be as good with the jam, but it sure is delicious made with dried apricots!! I love citrus flavours, this is perfect on warm tea biscuits!