Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Another winner from the BH&G Slow cooker book. This recipe is also to honor a new zaar friend Annacia for getting me involved in the Beverage Forum. Who knew I could drink for recipes. LOL
- 6 cups apples, peeled and cored cooking cut into 1/2 in slices (about 2 lbs.)
- 7 ounces mixed dried fruit
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons shredded orange peel
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
- 3 tablespoons rum (optional for adult version) (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup apples or 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 3⁄4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- put all ingredients into crock pot EXCEPT whipping cream and almonds.
- cover and cook on low 7-8 hours, high 3 1/2-4 hours.
- spoon compote into bowls.
- top with whipped cream and almonds if desired.
Guess if you saw my own recipes AND those that I make & review, you think I was really into fruit, & so I am! This recipe is right down my alley, with it's wonderful aroma & taste! I even used the rum since the alcohol cooked off, leaving a nice addition to the fruit! I did omit the whip cream, then seved the compote OVER some frozen yogurt & topped it all with the toasted almonds! A wonderful keeper! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Beverage Tag]