Recipe by Dienia B.
tillie kuzel clarkson ne morning bee prize recipe they won 50 cents old recipe. i think you could use egg beaters egg whites. if this thing doesnt fall i think it will be great
- 10 egg whites
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 6 egg yolks, beaten til lemon colored
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 cups cake flour (she said 2 or 3 cups )
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 cup cake flour
Directions See How It's Made
- to the egg whites add salt and cream of tartar
- beat until stiff
- very grad add sugar fold in gently.
- divide into 2 equal parts.
- 1st part fold in yolks
- put zest in 2 c cake flour
- fold into yellow part
- 2nd fold in 1/2 c flour and almond extract.
- in ungreased angel food pan alternate white and orange.
- a spoon of white a spoon of yellow
- bake in slow oven 300 degrees im guessing 1 hour.
- invert pan after baking 1 hour.