Recipe by Missy Wombat
I was determined to transcribe at least one recipe off the TV from Gary Rhodes' "Cookery Year" which is currently showing here. And what better than dessert!
- 4 oranges
- 450 g strawberries
- 300 ml orange juice
- 100 g caster sugar
- 75 g strawberries, chopped
- 6 sorrel, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare the oranges by peeling then removing the pith.
- Segment the oranges.
- Trim the strawberries and then cut the strawberries ino halves.
- Combine the strawberries and oranges and place in the serving bowl and refrigerate until the last step.
- In a small pan, carefully heat the orange juice, strawberries and caster sugar so the sugar dissolves.
- Add the sorrel leaves and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir frequently.
- Once ready, sieve the strawberry syrup so that the syrup becomes smooth.
- You should have a pretty strawberry syrupy puree.
- Pour the syrup over the fruit salad and serve.