Recipe by Mrs.Habu
These are very easy to make, especially with a KitchenAid. I like to serve these with fresh whipped cream and berries though they taste just as delicious warm with butter.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into bits
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated orange zest (2 large oranges)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup whole milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Blend in the butter until mixture resembles coarse oatmeal.
- Use hands for this.
- In a small bowl whsk together the zest, sour cream and milk.
- Add to the flour mixture.
- Stir mixture until it jsut forms a soft and sticky dough.
- Drop dough into 14 mounds at 1 inch intervals onto prepared baking sheets.
- Pat dough to 1/2 inch thinkness and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until pale golden.
- Transfer to a rack and cool.