Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a real family favourite that is light and tasty.
- 8 lamb cutlets (french trimmed if possible)
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 orange (finely grated rind only)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix (dry)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons flour
- Mix crumbs, orange rind, rosemary and onion soup mix together in one plate.
- Beat egg and milk in another plate.
- Flatten cutlets a little and dust in flour, then egg mixture and finally with the crumb mix.
- Place on a greased oven tray,spray cutlets with non stick spray and bake in oven 180 degrees for around 20 minutes turning over half way until cooked.
- Serve with a mixed salad or vegetables of choice.
We all enjoyed this different and delicious way to serve lamb cutlets. I could only find arm shoulder lamb chops at the supermarket, so I braised the chops to make them tender, and then prepared the chops as stated in the recipe and cooked them for 15 minutes in the oven to finish them. The coating is very good and crunchy, and next time I'll go to the meat market so I can get the lamb cutlets as called for in this recipe - I'm sure that cut of lamb will be even more moist and tender. Thanks for sharing this recipe.