Recipe by Annacia
I haven't tried this yet but it looks perfect for accompanying anything off the grill.
Top Review by COOKGIRl
This went perfectly with stuffed pasta shells but the
best part was I had it prepped in under 5 minutes.
Added in a few arugula leaves, too and resisted added
other ingredients as suggested by other reviewers. Reviewed
for Veg Tag February.
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, torn
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and sectioned
- 1 small red onion, sliced and seperated into rings
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- On a serving platter, arrange the torn romaine, orange sections and red onion rings.
- In a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine the olive oil, red wine vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Shake well and drizzle the dressing over salad.
- Serve at once.
- Note: You can make the salad a few hours ahead, keep it snugly covered and chilled until ready to use, and dress it at serving time.