Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A free recipe from a local company that home delivers fresh organic seasonal produce to us every two weeks. Purple carrots can be found at farmers' markets, gourmet/natural food stores or by raiding your neighbor's cherished heirloom vegetable garden without their knowledge.
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey, softened (I used a lavender infused honey)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cracked black pepper, to taste
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 head loose leaf lettuce, rinsed, spun dry, chopped into bite size pieces
- 3 oranges, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 purple carrots, rinsed but UNPEELED, shaved (or cut into matchsticks)
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- In a non-reactive bowl combine all the vinaigrette ingredients except for the oil. Whisk.
- Slowly whisk in the oil and incorporate. Vinaigrette is best prepared at least 1 hour in advance.
- Place the chopped lettuce in a salad bowl.
- Add the orange slices, carrots and green onions. Toss gently.
- Serve vinaigrette on side. (Whisk dressing again just before serving.).
- Serving is estimated.