Prep 2 mins
Cook 25 mins
Great on roast chicken, roast duck, or Cornish hens
- 1 ounce unsalted butter
- 1 ounce plain flour
- 10 fluid ounces chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 5 fluid ounces port wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red currant jelly
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the flour and stir well to make a roux.
- Add the stock and stir until the sauce is thick and smooth.
- Stir in the orange juice, zest, port and pepper.
- Add the redcurrant jelly and stir until it is melted.
- Add salt to taste.