Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A yummy side, perfect for any meal!
- 1 (8 ounce) carton vanilla yogurt
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (1/3 ounce) box sugar-free orange gelatin
- 4 ounces fat-free whipped topping
- Mix Jell-o and yogurt
- Add oranges, pineapple, and thawed whipped cream
- Optional, top with chopped nuts.
I'm not sure what the other review was talking about... you mix in the Jell-o to flavor the whipped cream, you don't have to dissolve it! Make the recipe just like it says and it will come out perfect. I have made several recipes like this and I love them! Try this one, it is a great addition to your big family meals!
I really like the flavors and all of the fruit in the recipe and was happy with the finished salad. I am rating it lower than the flavor deserves because I feel the recipe is missing an important ingredient and it might misdirect others. I used a cup of boiling water to dissolve the jello and really don't see how this could be left out of the recipe. The jello will not dissolve in cold yogurt. After the jello was dissolved, I added the yogurt then chilled for approx 30 minutes before stirring in the drained fruit and whipped topping. It set up fine. I do like that this is made with pantry staples. Reviewed for PAC Fall '07.