Recipe by Mrs B
Here is another Moroccan salad dish from “The World of Spice”. Serve this with other salads I’ve posted (such as Lemon Salad, Spicy Carrot Salad and Grilled Green Pepper & Tomato Salad) for an authentic set of appetisers. Recipe posted for Zaar World Tour 2005.
Top Review by Martina 406
I have been making this salad for years. it is always a hit! My version of it is a bit different: I add a couple of finely chopped garlic cloves, and instead of chilipowder, I use harissa paste. The result is fruity and spicy! /Martina
- 6 -8 oranges
- 20 kalamata olives, stoned
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (or at least 1/2 lemon's worth)
- 1 pinch ground cumin, to taste
- 1 pinch chili powder, to taste
- 1 teaspoon superfine sugar
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the peel and pith from the oranges, then divide into segments (reserving any juice) leaving them whole or chopped as preferred.
- In a bowl mix with olives with the orange segments and juice, add the lemon juice, cumin, chilli powder, sugar and salt.
- Serve chilled.