Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 3 hrs
Cook 10 mins
This is from the Australian Gourmet Traveller and is a slight variation on the standard macaroon by being sandwiched together with a milk chocolate ganache. I haven't tried this yet but will edit my post when I do.
- For filling, combine cream and butter in a saucepan and bring just to the boil.
- Remove from heat and add chocolate. Stir until smooth and refrigerate until thick. (About 3 hours).
- Meanwhile for biscuits, combine all ingredients and stir until mixture comes together.
- Flatten mixture between two pieces of plastic wrap until 3-4mm thick.
- Using a 4cm pastry cutter, cut out rounds and carefully lift onto a baking paper-lined oven tray. When finished, gather all scraps together and repeat process until all the mixture is used.
- Bake the macaroons at 170 degrees centigrade until just beginning to colour around the edges, about 10-12 minutes.
- Cool on trays and then sandwich together flat sides of macaroons with a teaspoon of filling per biscuit.
- These biscuits will keep, refrigerated, in an air-tight container for up to 3 days.