Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This beverage recipe was found in the June 2009 Best Recipes cookbooklet, Summer Salads & Sandwiches. Preparation time includes neither the time needed for brewed tea to cool nor the time needed for the fruit-flavored tea to chill.
- 2 cups water, boiling
- 1 (1/4 ounce) family-size tea bag
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup club soda
- 1 orange, sliced (need 4 slices)
- Pour boiling water over the tea bag, then cover & let brew for 5 minutes, before removing tea bag & squeezing the wet bags over the container of brewed tea.
- Stir in sugar & let cool, then pour into a large pitcher.
- Add remaining ingredients, EXCEPT for the club soda, then chill at least 2 hours.
- Just before serving, add club soda, then pour into ice-filled glasses & garnish each glass with an orange slice.
The sugar was too much for me,so I cut down the amount to about 2 T. I didn't squeze the tea bag,one of my friends who taught me how to make English tea,said it turns my tea bitter. I liked this combo.
Very refreshing beverage, although I cut down the sugar to 1-tablespoon as I felt since I don't drink my tea sweetened normally it would be way too sweet. I also didn't have any fresh oranges so my photo when posted is missing the garnish. Made as a "Bonus" for Veggie 'n Swap tag 9/09.
Great refreshing drink! I used 2 tea bags of green pomegranate tea - the drink is not too sweet and the fizz makes it quite festive; I can even imagine it with a bit of vodka ;)